It’s becoming a fashion for iPhone users to change their carrier logo. Here’s a brief tutorial of how to customize it. You’ll need:
1. A jailbroken iPhone
2. Carrier logo:
- Dimensions for iPhone 3G/3GS – 18*16
- Dimensions for iPhone4 – 36*32
1. Connect iPhone to PC and open iFunBox
2. Navigate to raw file system/var/mobile/library/carrier bundle.bundle
3. Drag or copy carrier logo to carrier bundle.bundle
4. Respring your iPhone and done
For those who use jailed iPhone, you can change your carrier logo by CarrierEditor:
1. Run CarrierEditor and click Let’s Get Started
2. Open Settings>General>About on your iPhone and find the Carrier field, then type the Carrier Version Number into the Carrier Version Number field on the “Need Some Quick Info” page on the CarrierEditor and click Next.
4. There are two drop down boxes on the Carrier Information page. Ensure the proper device is selected on the first drop down box. Select the name of your carrier in the Carrier drop down box and then click Next.
5. Click “Browse” buttons to the right of the black logo and etched logo labels to select the logos you want to use. After everything is in order, click on the Create IPCC Carrier Bundle button to build your carrier update. You’ll be notified when your IPCC is complete.
6. Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes. Press and hold the option key on your keyboard, and click Restore iPhone. Select the .ipcc file that you just made and then click the Open button to apply the carrier update to your device.
7. After iTunes finishes loading the carrier update, reboot your iPhone. You should see your carrier logo change on your device.
Any other questions? See our FAQ